Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hair and Money

Tomorrow, Sunday, February 7th, The Base is having a soup lunch fundraiser in Harmony Hill after the service.  In addition to funding continued programs, we are also hoping to purchase new furniture.  I've decided to help by offering to shave my head if we can bring in an addition £250 in donations.  (Sorry, Mom).  The suggestion has been met with a great deal of interest here--mostly people who support the idea, but there are a few who worry they might not recognize me, especially if the beard goes too.

And so that gave me an idea.  As of my last update I have raised $5,200 of my $9,000 goal, so I still have $4,800 to go.  So, in hope of generating some donations, I'm offering up the beard here.  Donations, which are all tax-deductible, can be made online by clicking here, or through the link near the top of the column to the right.  Just shaving the beard isn't perhaps all that interesting, so what I've decided to do instead is to allow some control to you, my donors.  While making your donation, you'll see an option for a comment box.  You should put my name in the box to help make sure it comes through to me, and in that same box put in a suggestion for what to do with the beard--those comments do generally make it through to me in the periodic fund-raising reports sent to me by the YAV office.  I will shave to the option that raises the highest dollar amount, and will keep it for at least one week.  I don't know for certain when I'll get another report, so I can't say exactly when I'll shave the beard, but I will also take a new profile picture for facebook featuring the new beard which will also remain up for at least one week.

I also want to thank everyone who has donated so far.  You have all been exceptionally generous, and are all in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment