Sunday, July 12, 2009

Setting Up

A few things to start.

For instance, what will I be doing?

I will serve with Harmony Hill Presbyterian Church in Lambeg, which is cooperating with nearby Roman Catholic and Church of Ireland parishes in providing a youth drop-in and after-schools centre for those ages 10-18 called The Base. I will also support existing youth ministries within the congregation, assist in worship, link with a unique Sunday afternoon Christian Education program for those with learning disabilities, and support a Parent/Toddlers pre-school program two mornings each week.

I will be living with a recent William and Mary graduate in Riverdale House in Dunmurry. You can read his blog at http://nornironandy.blogspot.com/. He has posted the google street view picture of our apartment building, so I won't repeat that here.

As another note, I am not yet in Belfast, I will be arriving sometime around the first of September, until then I am still in Charlottesville trying to raise money to help the church (PC(USA)) pay for my adventures. If you are interested in donating, you can make a tax deductible donation online at www.pcusa.org/give, please include my name and ECO number E201109 in the comment field. I need to raise $9,000 total.

On that note, many thanks to everyone who has donated so far, as of the last update I am just over $3,000, which is fantastic since it means I am officially ahead of schedule for fundraising, and can breathe a bit more easily over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment